- I cannot log in to my account.
- Are you sure you are using the correct password? Click 'Forgot Password' and it will be sent to you. Or, did you register with us using a different e-mail?
You may be an prior customer that predates our new shopping cart. So you are not in the system.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 714-699-4462. We'll take care of you.
- I cannot place my order.
- You might need to turn off your pop-up blocker when doing secure orders. Sometimes you can just hold down Control while clicking whatever won't work. Or, your virus protection software is trying to protect you. Disable it until you've completed the installation, then enable it again. Often you will find an icon on your taskbar. Right-click it and you may see that option to disable it. Or you may need to go to your Control Panel and look for "Security" or something similar.
- I get a security warning when I try to sign up.
- This error typically means you have cookies disabled in your browser. Or, you are using your browser's "private browsing" feature.
Enable cookies in your browser's settings (Tools/Options), or turn off "Private Browsing". Trying another browser is another solution.
- My product unlock code never came, only my receipt.
- Your unlock code is always available for you Click SHOP.
Log in with your e-mail and password. View Order is on the right. Everything you ordered is there. You can also use the e-mail link that came - "Click here for Detailed Invoice".
Check your Spam and trash. Your spam filter may have blocked our e-mail to you - No problem, simply follow the instructions in "I've lost my code".
- How do I get MemLok for $9.95 if I have a Community License code?
- It's easy! Follow these steps:
- Copy down the Community License Code.
- Go to the Shopping Cart
- Add MemLok to the cart ~ continue
- Sign up as "New Customer"
- Press check out
- Enter your Community License discount code.
- Your price changes to $9.95
- Download your MemLok3
- When I try to "Sign Up" as a New Customer, there isn't a button to click.
- Please use another browser like Chrome or Firefox.
Some versions of Internet Explorer aren't showing that button. It's good to have several browsers on your computer - they don't all work the same.
- I've installed and exited MemLok3 and now I can't find it.
- Click your Start button on the Taskbar. Click All Programs. Right mouse click MemLok3. From here you'll be able to put it on your Quick Start Menu, Taskbar, and QuickLaunch.
- I want to install on my other computers or I need to install again or I can't find my unlock code.
- Follow these instructions:
- Go to your computer you want to install on.
- Go to www.memlok.com/shop and "Log In" (upper-left).
- Click on My Account.
- Click on View Order (far-right).
- Highlight the unlock code.
- Copy it (Ctrl-C).
- Click on Download and follow instructions until it asks for your unlock code.
- Then paste it in the unlock code text box (Ctrl V).
If you want to install on a computer that doesn't have Internet, right-click the download link and save it to a thumb drive. You'll need to contact us to help you at that point.
- When I install, it says 64-bit, won't install on my computer!
- You're trying to install MemLok2 which does not work on a 64-bit operating system. You'll need to purchase MemLok3.
- I've lost my code...my computer crashed...I got a new computer...I've lost my CD...
- No problem. We sure hope you have kept a backup. You can easily retrieve your code again - "My product unlock code never came".
- Can I install MemLok on more than one computer?
- Yes, MemLok is licensed for a single home and includes all the computers that belong to individuals in your home -
including laptops and work computers.
- I cannot find the MemLok I downloaded!
- Press Start/Find/Find Files. Type setup.exe in "Files Named". If you weren't paying attention, and have no idea of the file's vicinity,
look on your entire hard drive (usually C:\). You might find more than a single "setup.exe". Launch it - if it isn't MemLok, you can always cancel the setup process. Hint - if you see a Date column, you can click Date so the most recent setup.exe is sorted by date.
- I click setup.exe and it won't finish installing.
- Usually this means your virus protection software is trying to protect you. Disable it until you've completed the installation, then enable it again. Often you will find an icon on your taskbar. Right-click it and you may see that option to disable it. Or you may need to go to your Control Panel and look for "Security" or something like that.
- I used up my 500 print quota and bought the Print Pack. Now, what do I do?
- If you're currently an owner of MemLok and want to add another 500 to your print capacity, do NOT use the code you receive when buying the Print Pack to re-install MemLok. Open your MemLok3 normally, go to Print Shop -> Print Account (upper left) and enter the code you just copied -> Click 'Validate' and you're good to go!
- My uploaded URL won't open on my mobile device.
- Very few have this difficulty, but some devices require a shorter URL. Go here: http://goo.gl/ type, or paste your long url.
The resulting URL will definately work!
You could also copy paste that URL into your browser. Or, come up with a shorter MemLok user name - your choice. And...in MemLok where you entered your email to upload? Try clicking that link to the right Copy URL. Then, open an email, paste that URL in the email and send it to yourself,
Planting and watering the seeds of God's Word in the hearts
of His children since 1989.
One MemLok flashcard at a time!
+ 4 FREE Bible memory aids
- I have accumulated a number of cards now. When will my cards start showing up less frequently?
- Research shows 30 independent reviews (different days) is when one can fairly safely start reviewing less frequently. So, the default rotation make that happen. The cards will start moving out to a Weekly rotation schedule soon. If you're curious to see how the rotation works, go to Preferences->Rotation and toward the bottom you'll see Rotation Demo.
- I prefer to do long passages.
- Fantastic. No problem!
When on your Review Screen, click the Edit/Create New Card menu option. Then type, for example; John 14:1-14 in the reference edit box. Click the link: "Bible Study Tools". This opens the Bible Study Tools website from which you can copy your scripture. Then, return to MemLok and paste your scripture into the card editor. There is a 4000 character limit.
- I have lost my review record. How can I can add these verses back.
- If you've backed up, you're in good shape.
If not, hopefully you printed out your Completion Record so you know the order in which you learned them. You can also put your verses (cards if you printed them) in order from oldest to newest and "Accept" them one at a time in the software. MemLok3 auto-backs up for you in the background. Consider backing up to an external source. Consider sending an email to yourself and attach the backed up file to it.
- I have learned a lot of verses already and want to load them into MemLok initially.
- Open the Card Library, browse, and select a card you wish to add to your review list. Click the 'Add to Review List' button at the bottom. You will be shown a confirmation dialog. If you have many cards to add, you might want to turn off the confirmation dialog. Check the box at the bottom. Then, browse for as many cards as you wish to add to your review list. You can use the arrows on the Completion Record to put the cards in any order.
- I want to create my own list of verses, and not all are in MemLok
- The Roman Road to Salvation would be a good example of this or, maybe you have a core curriculum at your school.
There are two ways to create custom verse lists:
- Using Print Shop
- Go to Print Shop/Card List/Custom List/ click on "New" Name it Roman Road. .
- On the right hand side, click Add.
- Then browse your "Card Library" for the verses below and add them.
- User Manager
- Create a new user from the User Manager
- Name the user, "Romans Road". Or, 6th Grade
- Using the card Library, add the cards to complete the list.
Note that for Method 2 above, you can 'Fix the review list' so that the list is constant. MemLok won't attempt to add weekly cards to it. To fix your review list see the Rotation Parameters tab in the Preferences dialog.
- Is there any way I can put the scripture reference on the side of the card with the picture?
- Most certainly. At least for printing cards. Go to Print Shop, and find a Card design closest to what you like. Click 'New', and give it a name of your choice. Click 'Edit' at the bottom of the card design list. Then, while the front of the card is hilighted (blue box around it), put a check mark in the 'Reference' box and you'll see the reference appear on the front of the card.
- I want to my printer to print cards with the pictures on the front, and the scripture on the back.
- Your printer manages duplexing. MemLok is not able to do that. When you get to Step 4 of Print Shop - read the simple instruction set that is given. When you press 'Print' in step 4, you'll get your printer dialog - this is not MemLok's dialog. Press the properties button. In your printer's properties dialog, you will
find an option to print double-sided, or duplex. Select that option.
- When I click "Ask or Tell MemLok" or "Tell a friend about MemLok" it doesn't open up my email program!
- MemLok3 will attempt to open up your default e-mail application if you have designated one. If you haven't designated one, you'll be happy you set it up! The various e-mail programs online have different procedures to make it happen. We have looked up a few for you. We really want you to e-mail everyone you know about MemLok3!
If you don't see your email program, simply type in your Internet search: "How to make xxxxx my default e-mail program"
- When I click Send Email, nothing happens?
- You don't have your computer set to default to your main email client. Go to your computer's Control Panel. Search for Default Programs.
Under e-mail, you'll see your favorite program for sending e-mail. Put a check mark beside it. Save it. That should work!
- How do I get a MemLok icon on my Homescreen (iPad/iPhone)?
- Open the website link MemLok sends you in an email. At the bottom of the Safari screen you'll see an icon depicting an arrow that looks like it's trying to get away from a square. Tap it. Then tap "Add to Home Screen". Name it MemLok. This will be syncronized with your Windows laptop or desktop. So, you'll only upload once a week, and it will go directly to this bookmark.
- I misplaced my copy of '100 Descriptions of God'.
- Get your free 100 Descriptions of God HERE. Please be patient, it can be slow in opening.